I just need some reassurance that my 13 month old daughters behavior is normal

She is a 2nd child my son never did this stuff... IT seems she is obsessed with me! I cannot leave her side or she will cry (to the point of passing out) I will sit and play with her and it is not good enough she has to be on top of me. I am at home with her always.. I do go to the gym everyday where she is in the day care for an hour without me.. So she does have outlets where I am not there. It is very frustrating especially where I have a son who is 3 that needs my attention as well.. I am worried why she seems to have such security issues... Any one have this same problem???

squinn51504

Asked by squinn51504 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is like that too. He freaks out when i'm away from him and constantly wants to be right on top of me. I work one day a week for 5 hours and he stays with a sitter, we go to church where he's in the childcare for a little over an hour and i go to the gym every night and he stay with my husband but still wants to be right on top of me. I don't know how to fix it but my son does it too.
    Anonymous

• I had that problem with my son. My daughter not so much but she will not let me out of her sight. Best thing to do is let her cry about it. She has to learn that you are going to come back and find ways to comfort herself until then. If you always give her what she wants even at home she will expect that all the time. My son is still quite clingy and he is 4.5 years old now. It is not wrong to teach a child to play by themselves or with others while you do the dishes or switch the laundry and fold the load coming out.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010