my daughter is 5 1/2 months she is going on her 2nd wk. of solids. Do i gv. her cereal on the side too untill i start incorparating a whole meal?

I m not sure how much to feed her if i do. Am i doing the cereal w breakfast lunch & dinner. Right nw. i just started dinner solids. So i just do a fruit & cereal in the a.m & a vegtable & cereal in pm. is this correct?

desperato

Asked by desperato at 3:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 6 and 1\/2 months and when she was your daughters age I gave her a sm container of Gerber fruit with 2 formula scoops of cereal with apples. Then at lunch I gave her 1/2 container fruit and 1/2 container veggie with 2 scoops of cereal. Then at dinner she had 1 full container of veggies with 5 scoops of cereal. My ped told me that I could give her stage 2. The only difference between stage 1 and 2 is the amount of food. stage 2 has more food and its more of 2 foods together. So now I have comletely taken out cereal. She eats stage 1 in the am and stage 2 at lunch and dinner with bottles in between. My daguhter is an eater! lol but she's only 16 lbs 5 oz 70%. I hope that helps GOOD luck. :)
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Food before one is just for fun. You are not feeding for nutrition, but for experience. Always always feed breastmilk or formula first, then give normal table food to experiment with. Skip the cereal as it not only tastes bad but the added iron is very constipating and it can be hard to digest causing stomach upsets. If you let her feed herself she will guide you to the amount she wants.    Those jars of baby food are a waste of money in my opinion...you are paying for the jar, label, and half water!   Read this:  http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2010