• In the Spotlight:

Why do I feel so alone?

So my daughter was born on 1-6-10, after 14 hrs of labor and pushing for 2 hours, I had to have a c-section. Right now she's 2 weeks and 4 days old and ever since we got home my husband hasn't stepped up to the plate. I feel like i am doing it alone. I stay up with her all night, feed her change her hold her---everything while he gets to go out here and there. Its like every chance he gets he "has to go work out" or "has to run to the store," while he knows I am stuck home a prisoner because I cannot drive due to recovering from the operation. I feel so overwhelmed and when I explain this to him he doesn't see how selfish he is. I have to ASK him to hold his daughter b/c I have to pee or shower. Today he didn't even TOUCh her since last night until 3pm this afternoon and I asked if he can take her b/c I wanted a SHOWER!!! He got pissed and said " I wanna go to the gym, you did this shit to me yesterday!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• (poster continued) I was like are you kidding me??? WHo are you gonna pawn her off on when I am at work 10 hours a day?! I just don't get it because when I go back to work in a month he'll be home with her because he only works weekends. So him skipping out on me every day every chance he gets is in no way preparing him for when I am not here anymore. I think he's in for a huge awakening. I just feel SO alone and exhausted. I just think he's a shitty selfish father and he's living his life like how he was before while I am stuck here and have absolutely no life except for trying to recover from surgery and taking care of the baby, with no relief. I have so much anger that all I do is cry. He just left to go "mail bills" and I guess I won't see him for an hour or two. What the hell am I suppose to do?
    Anonymous

• What I had to do with my SO. I got up took our son to him and put DS in his arms. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. Before he could say anything I told him I was taking a two hour shower and then I was going for a walk. Then I turned around and I took my two hour shower and I went for my walk. When I came back he looked lost and confused. SO just said HELP! After that he was far more willing to help with DS.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2010