I give my 7 month old pasta (without sauce)....do you think I can start doing this...

Can I put butter or margarine on it? He eats cheese, like grilled cheese and stuff....But I was wondering if it's okay for me to mik in some butter or margarine in with his pasta...is that okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why would you want to add more fat to it? If he eats it like it is, don't add anything!
    Anonymous

• Because thats how we make OUR pasta....and it would be easier to not have to separate some for him, when me hubby and DD eat it with butter...
    --OP--
    Anonymous

• SERIOUSLY?? at 7 months old??? come ON you have to be kidding?

a baby that young should only be consumingbreast milk or formula, fruits, vegetables and maybe baby cereal!

Anonymous

• Your children must be so sheltered anon 4:07
    --OP--
    =)
    Anonymous

• I personally think he is too young for the added fat. After you cook the pasta why don't you just give him some plain before mixing the butter in for the rest of you.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• OMG seriously???
    How are you going to say her kids are sheltered because she does what is best for them???
    GAH You need to grow up and not drag peoples kids in to sh!t
    Anonymous

• http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/babys-first-foods.html
    first of all he needs to be able to chew whatever you give him..doctors recommend fruits/ vegetables for first foods, but if you do give him pasta its better plain for him, until he is older.. I don't think listening to doctors is sheltering your kids..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• stick with the recommended foods for a baby 7months old.

breast milk, formula, fruits, veggies and cereal (but even the cereal isn't that great)

not a good idea to introduce unnecessary fats into anyones diet.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I don't feed my babies infant cereal or jarred food either. However, sheltered has nothing to do with what we are feeding our children. Pasta is empty calories. Unless it is whole wheat pasta, it isn't really worth the effort of eating it. I wouldn't add butter to it. And your baby most likely isn't ready to eat cheese at 7 months old. I believe that is recommended for 9 months and older?? Is your son meeting the milestones for starting solids? Even my kids, who could sit unsupported at 5 months and pretty much pick up food and put it in their mouth on their own, didn't start eating pasta and grilled cheese until they were 9 months old. And they were eating only table foods from 6 months on.
    Anonymous

• dairy and wheat are allergy trigger foods and should not be given to a child under age one. You can give him rice pasta or corn pasta

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010