Is it better to plan out a pregnancy and take precautions then to let nature take its coarse?

I'm married and wanting to plan out a kid. I am taking all the precautions needed, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't stress it and if I should just let nature take its coarse and stop trying just be happy when it happens

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't stress about it, but don't try and micromanage it either. If you and your husband and planning to have a child anytime soon, start taking a prenatal vitamin. Get some exercise, even if its just a daily walk. Eat healthy. These are the only real precautions you should be taking and they're good to do even when not pregnant. Have fun and if you're really wanting a baby *now* start charting. It'll give you an opportunity to really get to know your body in ways you don't even realize you're unfamiliar with. Also, you can reverse the fertility awareness to use it as a very effective form of birth control (avoid sex during the fertile time rather than having sex during your fertile time). You can get all the information you need by getting the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 4:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If you stress it too much it might prevent you from getting what you want. Stress is not good. I'd say stick with some of the precautions that are easy to follow but don't be so rigid. relax. it will work out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'm not even really sure what you mean by precautions. Take folic acid and have lots of sex. lol. Yeah, don't worry, I'm sure you have heard the stories of women who tried to get pregnant for years then started the adoption process and ended up pregnant.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• folic acid. a healthy diet, regular exercise - those are your best bets for 'precautions' but not really sure what you mean by that.

babies aren't really planned all that well....they're rather unpredictable little critters. lol

we ttc for 12months and then 18 months for the first 2. as soon as we stopped 'trying' for #2 i got pregnant.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• we are planning. i take my prenatal everyday. eat good and just roll with the flow
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010