Is it weird that I get along with my Ex- husband ??

Why do people find it so odd that I get along with my Ex- husband and his wife?? I have been divorced for almost 7 years from my ex husband and we share a 7 yr old son together and we get along better now as friends then when we were married. When we got divorced we made a pact to put our son first no matter what. When we each got remarried we still kept the pact and I get along with his new wife and he gets along with my husband and we go to my our son's school functions together and dr appts and people are always saying wow how weird is it that you all get along.. My answer to people is it takes so much energy to carry around so much hate and it show that we put our pettiness aside for our son..
So is it weird that we get along???

andersonboys3

Asked by andersonboys3 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• its not odd. i get along with mine really well, infact more now than when we were married..lol idk why. but we have kids together. so idk. its all good, we still go camping and do stuff together. my current bf gets along with him too. so no probs with exes here...and to top it all....im best friends with my currents bf's ex gf..haha weird i know!!!
    Anonymous

• I think that is great.
    Anonymous

• No, i wish i could get along with my ex. You are very lucky. Unfortunately i don't trust my ex and probably never will. :(
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Don't get me wrong I did not trust him at first ( he cheated on me with his current wife) but if he never cheated on me I would still be in a unhappy marriage and I would have never got together with my new husband and I have this great life with great kids and a great husband who loves me sooooo much. But he is a great dad and don't get me wrong we have our disagreements but we agree to disagree..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think it's great. My parents got divorced when i was 5. They didn't get along at frist with my ex-step-butthole dad in the way. But once she left him they have gotten along great and i love it. He spent the night at her house on x-mas. She is even remarried and my step dad doesn't care and they get along great as well.
    AJSCASJMSmom

Answer by AJSCASJMSmom at 5:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 6:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My uncle gets along with his ex wife and it is just weird. She comes over for his kids birthday parties with his girlfriend and him present. She has stayed there before when things weren't going good for her. My uncles girlfriend is friends with her. It's just weird but in all reality, there is nothing wrong with it. Better for the kids.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your a grown up.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My parents are divorced and are the best of friends. They live next door to each other. They still love one another but they are happier being single. It's awesome when we visit because we get to see both of them at the same time. Their grandchildren love it!
    Anonymous

• our families had a hard time understanding how we could be nice to each other but they see how well my son has turned out. even at my son's school the teachers were so surprised. I have 2 more kids with my new husband and he has a son with his wife and they are all boys and they all love playing with each other.
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2010