how would you react to your dh saying this?

i was putting away dishes and he said something about the way i was doing it and i told him maybe he should try keeping up with dishes every day...he said

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell him to shut up and that the trash is full.. go take it out..and while your out there have a seat..like most dogs do.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how he said it. My hubby might say that with an obvious leer in his voice (wink, wink nudge, nudge), that means he's thinking sex, in which case I'd laugh or say something about how he couldn't keep up with me if he tried. Maybe he was sincerely asking what he could do to help out around the house. It really does all depend on tone of voice.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I would have given him a list of things that he could do for me.
    the trash
    the dishes
    the laundry
    the shopping
    the bills
    the light bulb changes
    the bathrooms
    the kitchen
    the cooking
    etc etc.
    and then i would've smiled and said something like "and then i might be able to have a day off".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• oh, he had a real smart allick tone
    Anonymous

• LMAO @ anonymous 3:03. Love that gonna use next time my hubby mentions laundry isn't done....
    I would have been offended and he mentioned the whole house. Maybe he was having a bad day. But it was an unnecessary comment. Little things like that can stir up resentment. I would ask what he specifically meant by it.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 5:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• op here..i told him that i'm tired of him acting like he does everything and if he wants to feel like the work is "fair" then i will make a chore chart.
    Anonymous

• Ditto, they really do not know what it takes to get things done sometimes in the house. If only they could stay home for a couple of days and really find out what goes on to make the house run. Sometimes I will joke and say "why don't you stay home and wake them, feed them dress them, teach them, run them around, clean the house, do the laundry and I just keep going on with all the days duties and that seems to do the trick.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 5:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• op here...i did ask him what he meant by it and he blew me off like he always does. He does'nt like confrontation but he likes making little smart ass comments like that.
    Anonymous

• sometimes i feel like he belittles me by coming up and cleaning behind me too. I will have the kitchen cleaned (not spotless all the time but straight) and if he gets a bug in his ass he comes in and super cleans everything and makes me look bad and says "this is the right way"..."gosh this place is filthy"
    Anonymous

• it sounds like you need some marriage counseling OP.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2010