babys face.

my 2.5 months old face looks awful it started out as baby acne and hten i thought it was ezcema and now it looks like cradle cap on her forehead its flakey yellow it looks awful has anyone else had this issue?

douellette

Asked by douellette at 5:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. I used coconut oil to soften it and a soft baby brush in circular motions over several days to gently buff the cradel cap away.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• This sounds really bad but it's what my doctor had me do for my son's craddle cap. There is a dandruff shampoo called T-gel. It doesnt have any of the usual chemicals in it that you would expect. It's just baby shampoo with tar in it. Use it for 3 days then just regular baby shampoo for 3 days then if the craddle cap isn't completely gone do 3 more days of the T-gel. As long as you keep it out the baby's eyes it's perfectly safe.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• and that is safe to use on her face?
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 6:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i just dont want to peel it off and it leave scars on her face im affraid if its not ready to come off itll scare this is awfullll. its also on the sides of her face too and the rest of herface and dry and red spotted red it looks soo bad
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 6:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My son had really, really bad cradle cap. I rubbed his head down with baby oil and then used a soft brush to rub it away-it came right off. You could probably get a soft piece of fabric, maybe use a washcloth, soak it in baby oil and gently rub her face. It's worth a try.
    Anonymous

• I used olive oil to get rid of cradle cap - - my kids didn't have it on their face, but I know a couple kids that did - - don't worry :) I know it looks bad now, but it won't disfigure him, I promise.
    Use your choice of oil to massage into the flakes and loosen them up, then use a wet, warm cloth to rub gently and the flakes should come off. You might need to do it for a few days in a row before it's entirely gone.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• thanks for all the advice!!! we ended up going to the doctor today and he prescribe hotrocortizone so hopefully itll clear right up he said itll take a few days! shes still a happy baby it doesnt bother her at all im so thankful for that i dont want her uncomfotable. thanks again!!
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 5:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010