Debt or College?

Whats more important? Saving up to pay off debt (lets say $5000) or saving up to go to school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say debt because the interest on it can make debt skyrocket out of control fast and ruin your credit report, which can ruin your life. Believe me - I speak from experience.
    Anonymous

• I say debt...college put me in debt and I have no job to show for it!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Um... I dunno. College. I would only go to college to get a degree for a job that has a somewhat high demand though.... I think going to college for some BS degree (like fashion design for example) is a huge waste of money and time. If you want to go to school for something that will probably get you a job then i would say college is more important. Even though it will put you farther in debt.
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I say debt. If you can't get a full scholarship then it's best to focus on paying off your debt and starting college w/o any major debt especially since it's going to put you in more debt and you have no guarantee of employment right after college.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010