How would you react if your child told you their homosexoual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I would be disappointed, but I'd get over it as long as they were happy.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I would be like "OMG! are you serious, are you kidding with me, are you sure... really? Ok, I still you... XOXO" Probably add some crying and hugging and disbelief and other emotions.

I hope I never have to go through that though.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It isn't what i would choose for my child's lifestyle but i would love 'em all the same. Its thier life.
    Anonymous

• I'd be really upset and hope that they were just confused. That's not what I would want for my child, honestly.
    Anonymous

• I would applaud them for being open and honest with me and let them know I was there for them no matter what they needed. I don't care who they have sex with, as long as they are happy.
    Anonymous

• I was very sad, for no one wants a hard life for their offspring, but I shook myself off and told her there was nothing she could do or be to make me love her any less, I told her I would be supporting her 150%

Answer by older at 6:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• At age 16 my daughter did tell me she was gay. I was a little shocked, but didn't say anything but, "OK". She thought that was great that her mom was so accecpting. A mother dreams big, little, silly and sensible things about her children. When dreams don't work out you have to think of it like going on vacation. You really wanted to go to Italy, but end up in Germany instead. It's beautiful, the sights exciting and the people wonderful. You still regret you missed Italy, but really enjoy yourself in Germany.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Why am I suppose to react? Am I suppose to get all upset because they tell me they are heterosexual? They can't help who they are sexually attracted to.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Well, I think the world will be a little more accepting by the time my daughter is a grown up. Either way, her sexual life will have no bearing on how I feel about her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• momx, I like your comparison!

Answer by older at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010