had miscarriage in oct. now having a baby is the LAST thing i want...am i weird?

i wanted to have a baby so bad, we started trying, got pregnant then @ 10wks miscarried. now he wants to try again in 6months or so but the idea of having a baby is almost repulsive to me. i dont know why? im confused! is it b/c mentally i might not be ready or what? has anyone had this experience?

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you may still be in the grieving process. You are probably afraid to get pregnant again and rightly so. It's normal to have a fear of history repeating itself when something traumatic happens. Try talking to somebody because you may be depressed and not know it. You'll know when you're ready again. I'm sorry for your loss.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You are not weird. It's normal. Wait until YOU are ready. There is no hurry.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• A girlfriend of mine is going through this exact situation. Her husband us all gun-ho for trying again and she is not into even the thought of it what so ever. Youre not weird. Breath, relax and let yourself get to a place where you are ready.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It's a natural thing. Your heart and mind need to be ready before you try again. Your body hasn't even fully recovered most likely and I'm positive that your heart hasn't.
    All you can do tho is to say that you'll agree to talk about it again in 6 months (if I understood that's what he's wanting, is to try again at that time). It's not agreeing to anything but to talk about it and to consider it in the future.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• thanks girls...i was just scared that this is it. that im never going to want any kids again, and right now thats ok w/me. lol who knows what i want? guess ill just take it one day @ a time. thanks again!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• When I miscarried I headed straight to the doctor to get BC! It took me a year to even consider trying again. I think it was normal to be scared, I don't think it meant I wasn't ready. I now have two beautiful boys, but during my last pregnancy I was a lot more nervous through the whole pregnancy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010