I am confused and worried, is it good to work out first thing in the morning or not?

I recently heard that it isn't good to work out first thing in the morning because your blood is thicker and it could cause clots. What do you think?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 6:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The best time to work out is defenitely in the mornings, you will keep on burning calories all day long because your metabolism speeds up. When you begin any workout it is a requirement that in order to prevent injury of any kind that you warm up before, never heard about the thick blood theory.

Answer by older at 6:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Ive never heard of that, but interesting. I dont feel well when I work out in the morning.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i\are you working out an an empty belly? eat something light before hand, that might make you feel better.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• working out at any time is good for you, as long as you are doing so properly.
    Anonymous

• really? thats a new one

I workout in the mornings - have something small to eat and then go workout. it gets me going and keeps me going all day - its better than coffee for a jump start in the morning. (although I do love my coffee)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• never heard the thick blood therory. I personally work out in the am. It is the best time for me and I know that nothing can interrupt me. If I tried later in the day a simple phone call could throw me off or dinner or laundry. also It is said that your body continues to burn calories after your work out tho so either way would work I guess.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 3:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I work out in the am on my days off,if not its right after work.I feel more refreshed in the mornings after my workouts.Never heard about the blood theory however.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You're supposed to work out when you feel your strongest. I work out in the mornings because I'm too tired to make excuses not to do it. I've never heard anything about a risk of blood clots.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 2:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010