replacing coffee with tea

so I decided, starting this morning, to drink tea instead of coffee, since I drink a lot of coffee in the mornings. I once dated someone who drank a lot of tea and her once got kidney stones....could that have been connected to tea consumption? he was a very healthy person, only thing he did a lot of was drink tea's like earl gray. i know...silly question....but I'm just curious. and what are the benefits of switching from coffee to tea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I drink a lot of tea and come from a long like of tea drinkers. None of us have ever had kidney stones. One of the benifits of switching from coffee to tea is that the caffeine is slow release so you it doesn't come on a strong and you get it over a longer amount of time. Tea doesn't cause jitters like coffee can.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Tea has less caffeine but the caffeine molecule is exactly the same. It behaves in the body exactly the same. It can give you jitters exactly the same. There is only one type of caffeine.

All coffee and true tea (black, green, and white teas- not herbs but tea from the tea plant) contain caffeine, acids, and tannins.

Kidney stones can be caused from chronic dehydration, mineral absorption problems, and genetics. Drinking too much of anything can be bad for you. Eating strawberries can cause kidney stones in people with certain genetic markers.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Kidney stones are genetic. The odds of you getting kidney stones from drinking tea are extremely slim.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• it cost much less to drink tea then coffee..
    tea has less caffeine and it good when you are sick and little healthy then coffee..
    my husband drink coffee everymorning now he switch to drinking tea in the morning but we make ginger tea.
    you will not have headaches if you drink coffee and if you drink tea you will get it the first week when you cut off caffeine drinks
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• what will i get the first week? headaches??that'll explain the one I have now LOL
    Anonymous