Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i find a clinic or OB that accepts medicaid?

I live in the Cincinnati area and am due for a pap and I want to get an IUD but I am on medicaid and don't know where I can go.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • start calling their offices.

    Answer by thehairnazi at 6:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • The medicaid office you get your benefits out of should have a list of doctor's that accept it. Give them a call.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • You may be able to look on their website for providers who accept medicaide. Then, you just have to call the office you want to go to and make sure they're taking patients.

    Answer by Pnukey at 7:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • you can call 2-1-1, or there should be a number on the back of your medicaid card (or your grey state card) to call the insurance company directly.

    Answer by kristal2146 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Call your HMO directly and ask them.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.