Freaking out Scared...

So I have a really bad panic attack disorder and the last month and half i have been very nervous and panicy.Well the past 2 days i had heart palputations they dont last all day seems to come and go esp when im stressing out, i have had this before when i get really stressed out or scared so i dont think its anything like serious plus im having no chest pain accept for when i start feling really nervous, also my finger tips on both hands feel kinda like tingly idk if its just my nerves or if im dieing please help im scared.

AmberDawn2009

Asked by AmberDawn2009 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Health

• Heart palpatations are a result of anxiety (i have that issue) and I was told at the ER that tingly fingertips, tingly tongue is a panic attack. Wierd huh? I don't think you have anything to worry about. You may want to consider talking to your doc about antianxiety medication. I started Zoloft and it has really helped. You're not dying. Those are just the result of out of control anxiety.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You need to go get help. Therapy and pills for this issue you are having. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• im like crying im so glad someone wrote back im only 20 and im not in control of my life anymore my panic attacks are, i just today started zoloft i had left over from about a year ago i only have 6 left and dont have a doctor,so i guess i need to contact someone soon and when you say heart palutations like mine feels like my hearts skipping a beat or beating really fast? it comes and goes its not constant and its not an all the time thing this is the first time ive had em since aug when i had to fly -yuck i am horrified of flying.also is insomnia part of panic disorder because i have only had 12 hours of sleep in the past 4 days=(
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Find what is triggering it and try to remove yourself from it. I have panic attacks but they normally come on quickly and leave just as quickly. Anxiety attacks take longer to build up and calm down. Try some deep breathing exercises or listen to calming music.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• yea i have had a pretty bad last few months relationship,money just the normal every day stresses,i am to that point i cant control these anymore i wake up out of a dead sleep freaking out heart pounding,i just want my life back
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

•   I am currently being treated for panic/anxiety attacks.  I am taking medication Prozac and Wellbutrin I have been under a doctors care for 10 years now.  I remember the first time I experienced this I was totally freaking out.  My heart was pounding, I felt boxed in, I started to hyperventilate, felt as if cotton balls were down my thought.  I actually thought I was having a heart attack and made my husband take me to ER.  It's scary when your body is doing something you do not understand.  The Dr. started me off with Prozac three years ago I starting the wellbutrin with the Prozac.  I also talk to a therapist.  Don't be ashamed or embarrassed you deserve a good quality of life.

Anonymous

• Don't take zoloft for panic attacks it won't help and might make them worse, you need an anti anxiety medicine. My dad used to eat peppermint candy when he didn't have his meds, you can also drink peppermint tea. Also if you go sit in a dark cool room with soft music and just breath it can help. OF course do this until you can be seen and get meds and therapy panic is not fun good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• To address the question of what to do for Panic attacks: I have TERRIBLE panic attacks! (or used to)
    I have been on all kinds of medication that never really did much. Nothing that I took worked as well as Tension Tamer extra tea by Celestial Seasonings. The regular tension tamer doesn't do much for it , but the Tension Tamer Extra has a ingredient that calms me right down.
    but here's the bad news on that. I just checked their site and they discontinued it! but here is the herb that does the trick for me that's in it: Eleuthero.
    I haven't needed it nearly as much since I started acupuncture. It's helped me a lot-
    Haven't needed the tea much since then.
    Good luck to you-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 8:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• thank you all so much for your help and support,i was able to lay down and relax and i was feeling better still have the heart polutations it stopped while i was laying down and relaxed back now that im worrying again gah,Anyways thank you all again!
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i used to get them and it seemed they were worse with medication. i just learned to relax and go with the flow. my heart would race and i would feel like i was having a heart attack. you just have to relax and not let things get to you. i mean i still get upset and cry but i dont let it go over board.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010