So how many of us actually had their water break???

It seems like it is not common at all... Mine didn't, the dr had to break it for me.

ProudMommy51006

Asked by ProudMommy51006 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine ddint break with my first, but it broke at 37 wks with my second
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Mine did and continued to gush everywhere in the car on the ride to the hospital.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Mine did and continued to gush everywhere in the car on the ride to the hospital

So, how do you clean that up? Is it a big mess for a while? I've always wondered about all of this.
    ProudMommy51006

Answer by ProudMommy51006 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• mine didnt break, i actually was pushing and it didnt break, so the dr had to break it for me.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• The doctor broke mine the first two times but mine broke on the third pregnancy

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My doctor had to break it for the first 2 kids. I was really surprised when it broke on its own for the 3rd (about 45 min. before he came barreling into the world.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Most will break if you wait long enough. Very few woman who have intervention free births deliver a baby without the water breaking (although it is possible).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• this is confusing my older sis's water broke at 34 weeks but she didnt have the baby until 39 weeks and 1 day. Now I have had to have my water be broken for me with my first two pregnancies and am now on my third so i wonder what will happen and I really dont know what to expect because i was in the hospital bed both times mine was broken. I am hoping it will go on its own.
    littlemomma620

Answer by littlemomma620 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• So, how do you clean that up? Is it a big mess for a while? I've always wondered about all of this.

mine wasnt a big gush it was more like a tricke. i put on one of the preemi diapers i had bough for ds. and i wore that. by the time we got to the hospital it was soaked.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Never did break on its own for my two pregancies.

Sounds like 3rd times a charm to me! ;)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 7:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010