Why is my heat not working?

I paid the bill so that can't be it. It's not even running. you can hear it click to turn on but then no air comes out (central heat and air). grrr. it's chilly. i guess i have to call the the owners tomorrow.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There may be a problem with the thermostat. The apartment we had before we bought our house................OH BOY, the gas bill was like $200/month in the winter, because the landlords maintenance man wasn't changing the filters. We now have a 3 bedroom, 3 floor house and our gas is only like $60-----------huge difference. So you may want to remind them to check the filters. They should be changed monthly. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'd call tonight. The furnace could be out. The furnace went out in an apartment we rented in the middle of the night once and i swear it got down to 30 in the place.
    Anonymous

• The pilot light could be out or the fan motor could be shot. I would call the owners right away as well.

In some cases if the heater isn't working correctly they can omit carbon monoxide, which is dangerous.

But if its electric then the only risk is the one of freezing lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• the same t hing happened to me last week..on a fluke, i flipped all the switches on the fuse box...it came on. go figure.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• check your unit outside and make sure it's not iced up. My had a freon leak and it came on blew coldish air and went outside to see the unit iced over. Good luck.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It's not the fan. i turned the fan on and the fan works fine. It's just the heat.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'd check the pilot.
    Ours blows out all the time because of a draft in the basement. They're not hard to light and there should be instructions on the furnace.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2010