cold feet?

I have been married for abou a year to my husband. I want to have a baby, he said he wants to as well, but everytime I mention it to him he shys away? I am if there is a deeper reason, he has a 15 year old son, and was married once before, he wife passed away about 12 years ago. He says he does want to but he wants to be married a little while longer enjoy the honeymoom a while longer he always tells me. The other issue is he 40 and I am only 26, I have many years left but I feel if e wants to wait several more years, he wont want to start all over again at that age any advice?

kalani5o

Asked by kalani5o at 7:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sit down and have a serious talk about it. Talk about all of the fears and anxiety that both of you have. Also tell him that he isn't getting younger, There are always going to be reasons not to have a baby, but once you do it is wonderful. Also conception may take you longer because of his age so you may want to start now it might take a year to happen. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• hey...i'm in the same boat. I told my husband though before we got married that i wanted more kids. I have 1 child from a previous relationship. He is always wanting to wait..and wait. Finally i broke down and said "when will it be the right time for you"...i told him i needed to know. I'm happy to say he said we could try
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010