Can someone help i just need some thoughts about drinking?

My family are in a fight about drinking, i know its stupid!! but i need to knock some sence threw this family, It started off a family member was talking about how this 1 member drinks but here the other one drinks too then calls them the drunk and the other well she comes home striped of her clothes so she doesnt have anything better to do but put 1 down when she does it herself. so my sister told her hubby what the DIL said well now she wont let them see there grandkids and now my sister is all upset witch the DIL has also been pretty rude to her anyway and my sister puts up with it. so i am asking do u think the 1 person has the right to knock down the other when they both drink?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• ~ No I don't think one has the right to cast judgement on the other. If anything, sounds as if they BOTH could use some help with alcoholism. Seems that they each see the other's problem quite obviously, not realizing that they are actually virtually looking into a mirror. On the other hand, maybe down deep they realize that they are also out of control and it makes them feel better to think that the other is "worse of a drunk than me", thereby feeling what they personally are doing is okay. Prayers of safety for all children involved. ~
    Anonymous

• maybe one can handle their alcohol better than the other and knows their limit
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think it makes one the hypocrite.... Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house... However at the same time there is a large difference to someone who drinks here and there (Casually) and one who is an alcoholic.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I've found that we find the most fault in people that are making the same mistakes we make or are in danger of making.
    It's possible that one is able to fully function with work and life while drinking and the other isn't.
    I'd have to just stay out of that mess and anytime anyone starts talking about someone else in the family I'd have to say excuse me and walk away.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• The poster -- Well The DIL calls everyone alcoholic all the time even thow only some of them drink on the weekend at 9pm to 11pm wooo hooo and if she see beer or wine in your house u are alcoholic even if she doesnt see u drink your an alcoholic but like i said she drinks but i guess its different for her
    Anonymous

• If it doesn't effect how the operate, raise their children, etc I don't see why it should matter.

And if my daughter's grandparents talked that kind of shit about me, they wouldn't be seeing my child for sure. If you don't have respect for the parents, don't expect to see your grand kids.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Well DIL might call me an alcoholic....because there are three beers in the back of my fridge that have been there for nearly a year following a family function. However, I don't drink. Not sure what to make of this one for sure.
    Anonymous