Does he not love me?

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Everything was going great with me and him and our baby on the way until a couple of days ago. He was so in love and now all of a sudden he's changed. Ever since he's been hanging out with his cousin (they just got a place today) he's been barely speaking to me and it's really making me sad. I don't know why he got a place with his cousin when we talked about getting one and he knows he has responsibility with us. We're his family and we should come first not friends and no good people who is only going to bring him down. I'm scared that he's going to end up getting into trouble and he is not the same. He's acting like another person and it makes me so mad because he used to be so sweet and now he is smoking weed again a lot and I'm so fed up with him ignoring me. He planned to have me and the baby move in with him but the way he's acting I don't know if he really loves me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It may be that he loves you very much, but is getting nervous about settling down with you and the baby. Sort of like sewing his wild oats. He may come around and be an attentive father. This may be a phase. You need to sit down and talk with him about what's going on. Don't be accusatory. Just matter-of-fact.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• He doesn't sound like he cares much for you or that baby. Sorry to be blunt...but maybe he's not ready for all this...you sound like you both are very young...how old are you may I ask...I may be able to help more if you tell me your age...I was a young mother as well....
    Anonymous

• I agree...I think you'r young, and I think he maybe isn't ready to be a father and be in a committed relationship. This is why you should wait to have children and practice safe sex. It's not fair the world young kids bring these innocent babies into.
    Anonymous

• If you have to ask then the answer is probably not what you want to hear.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i would just let it ride until he is ready to come around...the more you push the further you are going to push him away. He will eventually see what he is missing out on on his own. Maybe this sudden decision is just a "cold feet" type thing...he may be nervous about becoming a father and wanting to let it all out while he still can before responsibility gets here =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Hopefully it's just nerves. Becoming a father is a nerve wracking idea for most men let alone a young one (I'm taking a shot in the dark here that you guys aren't that old). We women have the "luxury" of having 9 months to bond with our little critter inside us. For most men it's not actually real until delivery.

However, in case this is just him being an a$$hole and this is what he is REALLY like, be ready to have to go it without him. He sounds like a deadbeat to me and you shouldn't rely on him for anything.

Good luck.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• do not move you and baby in anywhere where there is drug use, if anyone gets busted you could loose your baby

good luck
    Anonymous

• That's why you get for thinking you were going to play house.

He's realizing that his life is going to change drastically, and he doesn't want the change.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• He sounds like he only loves himself. I'd prepare to be a single mom. Make sure you file for child support when the baby is born

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• He is 21 and I'm 19 and he was excited and still is probably but he is acting so strange. He threw a fit when I told him I didn't want him to be in the birth room (I was joking to him) so I know he has to care for the baby somewhat. I know when she gets here it might change and he will act normal like he is supposed to but then again maybe he will act stupid and just be a dad when he feels like it. But he doesn't want to be on child support so I know he's gonna help out but I feel like he doesn't love me because he isn't talking to me as much these two days. I don't know if it's just my emotions or if he is just not in love with me anymore. That means he fell out of love in one day. I'm so sad.
    Anonymous