practically or momentarily?

So this question is about shopping...to be more specific shopping for your babies/children's clothing, furniture, & other neccessities. Would you say you are more of a practical shopper OR do you like to live in the moment and get whats "in"??? Also the boy/girl is a factor here too.
EXAMPLE: Do you buy the pink, blue, or neutrals for the toddler beds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HMMMM when I shopped for my son I bought Yellows, Greens and Blues .... I also bought what I thought was cute whether it was the fashion at the moment or not... but I also made sure I shopped for things that he would need and could use not just because I thought it was "Great". ALthough I won't lie I did buy him a pair of high top converse because they were just there and too cute to not get. SO i'd say i'm 1/2 and 1/2
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i buy only what he needs, all of his clothes are either bought second hand or on clearence, he had generic type bedding...i think most of it was giving to him at my baby shower 2 yrs ago.

My mother on the other hand is completely in the moment shopping. she bought him a brand new bedroom set....all elmo.
    as well as clothes and other items that she thought were adorable...but thats part of being a grandparent.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I do both, but with clothes I shop second hand they grow so fast buying new is absurd. For my toddler we are going to go with a purple theme when we move her into a full bed and new room. I like things to coordinate and my DH is cheap so it is hard sometimes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I am more practical with my shopping. But still splurge on the hot items every so often. Things like the toddler bed though are neutral so that my son can use it also later on.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I definitely think for the future! I bought all neutral baby gear knowing that we're going to have a large family, and even the infant car seat will go through a couple of kids before it's expired. Everything in regards to the kids is thought out to make sure it will work for multiple children down the line.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't say I'd buy what is 'in', I'd buy what I like. I also buy their clothes a size or 2 bigger, so they can wear them longer.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2010