Mucus plug ?

Ok so I went to the bathroom and it looked like someone spit a loogy in the toliet it was white and I was wondering if thats my mucus plug and how long do you have after you lose that before the baby comes?

littlemomma620

Asked by littlemomma620 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was but that is not a good indicator as to labor, the plug will regenerate and you can keep losing it. Labor could be today or in 2 weeks who knows.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• ok but is it normal for my area down there to be so tender to the touch?
    littlemomma620

Answer by littlemomma620 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• When I was pregnant I lost my plug around 37 weeks. My DD was 2 weeks overdue and I had to be induced, so don't rely too much on your mucus plug. As for it being sore down there, I don't think I was sore. I'd call your doctor and let them know that you think you might have lost your plug and it's sore down there. They might want you to come in and get checked. GL
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• ok thankyou for your help
    littlemomma620

Answer by littlemomma620 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I lost my plug at 36 weeks with baby #1 and I had a scheduled induction at 37 weeks. I lost my plug at 31 weeks with baby #2 and had a scheduled induction at 38 1/2 weeks. I lost my plug at 29 weeks with baby #3 and went into labor at 37 1/2 weeks.

FYI... you will continue to lose your plug, its not a one time thing
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I lost my plug on my due date ... my water broke a half hour later and my son came into the world five hours later. Every woman (and every pregnancy) is different. Best of luck to you.
    Peps75

Answer by Peps75 at 7:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2010