How do u deal with a Drama, gossip queen that is in your family?

Yip i have 1 in my family!!! and how do u deal with it or HER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• rolling on floorI AM her! I don't do drama that hurts people though.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I just ignore it and walk away. Unfortunately that is the only thing you can do. People like that thrive on attention and doing anything else only gives them what they want.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 8:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I don't see or speak to the drama queen in my family (my older sister) unless we end up at the same family function. Long story. I can't stand her constant need for attention and her "poor me" attitude. And I have told her such to her face. My parents try to force us to spend time together though lol....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I don't I ignore her. I don't accept calls from her. I refuse to 'friend' her on social network sites. Any one else in the family that plays into her BS gets the same treatment. I've put up with a lot of crap, for a lot of years. I don't have the time or desire to give her any more attention than she alreadys has.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I smile sweetly, excuse myself politely , and walk out the door. Life is too short to deal with drama, unless you are seeing a movie or play.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I try to just limit my time with the individuals in my family who choose to be difficult. Only thing hard about it being family is that you have to sometimes here other peoples mouths in the family and they begin to badger you about it over and over and then you have to just distance yourself from more people in the end because they decided to acceptand put up with the crap.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• We just see them (there are 3 I can think of!!) at functions, but not every week or anything. I just listen and sometimes do get cornered, and I give a listening ear and try to be friendly.
    Anonymous