how do you calm a colicie baby

tabby23296

Asked by tabby23296 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had colic for 4 months. The only things that worked for him (i tried just about everything) were laying him face down with his chin in my hand and his body along my arm with his legs dangling on either side. Also I bought a blanket called a miracle blanket (and it was my miracle lol) that helps to swaddle the baby easier. I think you can buy those types of blankets just about anywhere now. They are usually just called swaddlers or something along those lines. You can wrap them much tighter than a traditional blanket and the tighter the better (or so it seems) when it comes to colic. Good Luck!! Colic is definately no fun but it will get better I promise!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 9:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You can give them chamomile tea.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Swaddle lay on your knee on their side and bounce you leg. Also try mylicon or gripe water as well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• nothing worked for 6 months for me. Just hang in there and try and get away to keep your sanity every once in a while. they DO grow out of it. Promise!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010