My husband cheated on me with many different women. I am divorcing him. Through all this his Uncle and I Have developed feelings for one another. Is this something that someone out there has been through? Is it terribly taboo?

We have been waiting to "further" our attraction for one another. I am in my mid 40's and he is in his mid50's. His children are grown and mine are all between the ages of 8-3. All of the family on his side resides on the other coast. I don't have more thatn a couple of older relatives other than my kids. Can anyone help me figure this out? Also, we have known each other for 13 years and he is also divorced. I know his ex wife and the situation was not one of infedelity on either part.

Mummycck

Asked by Mummycck at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• i think its a bad idea, as youll only be adding fuel to the fire. im sry =[
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Don't do it.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Not good.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. I know you may really have feelings for this man however this really is an inappropriate situation especially if your young children belong to the nephew.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You, the uncle and your children are going to be the ones who will have to live with the fall out of whatever happens. If this is something you think is worth it then go for it, but unfortunately it's something many people will look and frown upon. I'm sorry that you're soon to be ex husband was such a jerk. I hope that things work out for you.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• run the other way
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with moving on because your husband obviously has.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Ummm can you say awkward?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Thanks for the quick responses. The ironic thing is that amongst many of the "kinky" things that my husband wanted me to do was get a "boyfriend" he was trying to put his Uncle and I together. He also wanted me to have other men and women. i am monogamous by nature and as I said this is just a small sample of the things that he has gotten into. his Uncle actually confronted him about his motivation for such a strange request and told him not to try to justify his cheating with other women by trying to get me to be unfaithful as well. There is so much more sick stuff to tell and get feedback on, Thanks to you all, I can talk this out and get unbiased advice. All replies are appreciated.
    Mummycck

Answer by Mummycck at 9:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Follow your heart

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010