What is the cheapest meal that you can make?

hardrockmom2010

Asked by hardrockmom2010 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• eggs. hands down.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread can be under $3 and you'll get MANY meals from it

next up: hotdogs .... noodles of some variety .... and soup
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• eggs and Ramen noodles
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Well I will post a few actual recipes since that sounds like what you are lookingfor
    Spaghetti w/ Garlic bread ground beef - $1.99 Spaghetti noodles - $.79 - $1.19 Spaghetti Sauce - $.99 - $2.79 Garlic Bread - $.99 - $3 So you can feed up to 6 hungry people for between 5 and 8 dollars

Homeade Chicken pot pie - Can of chicken breast - $2 cream of mushroom soup $.59 can mixed vegetables $.79 - $1 betty crocker pie crust mix - $1.69 plus you need a splash of milk for the filling. this only feeds about four but if you have more peoplle then mashed potatoes are a great side in which you can get a box of flakes for about $2 so that is about a $6 meal

beans rice and sausage- sausage is about $2 + beans less than a dollar Rice is also less than a dollar so you can feed four for about a dollar a person

These are the three most cooked meals when I was on a 40-60 dollar a week grocery budget.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• mac & cheese with ground beef or weiners.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Potatoes...baked, fried, lotsa ways to cook em.
    Anonymous

• I make pasta with chickpea ragout-- pasta, a can of chickpeas drained, toasted, and chopped, canned tomatoes, italian seasonings. Meatless is always cheaper. The meal will feed 4 people for under $5.

I also make a broccoli casserole: frozen chopped broccoli, eggs, and shredded cheddar. I beat it all together and bake it. Serve with rice.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• cabbage and sausage!
    jessicalynn1986

Answer by jessicalynn1986 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Tortilla and cheese :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Spaghetti with eggs & bacon. Once you drain your spaghetti noodles do NOT rinse them..put them right back into the pot you were boiling them in. Add I raw egg...stiring constantly so it cooks & coats the noodles add cut up pieces of cooked bacon. I usually add sauted red onion & garlic for the extra flavor. Top with some parm. cheese:) ENJOY!!
    KristinaMcT

Answer by KristinaMcT at 1:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2010