Has anyone ever approached you?

After your child had a accident.. like they tripped or ran into something... and they were all banged up looking and someone ... a stranger assumed you were an abusive parent and said something?

My 1 year old daughter has had the worst weekend ever.. and she has the broozes to prove it.. she looks like a raccoon.. I'm not exactly worried about taking her out to daycare or the store because i know its not my fault but I don't know it just looks bad..

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 9:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my daughter was about 15 months old, i bought her a new pair of tennis shoes, the bottoms were really grippy (I found out the hard way). She was on our back porch which was cement, her shoes gripped on the cement and she went face first down the stairs, there were 3 stairs. She landed at the bottom of the 3 stairs on her face. Her face looked terrible, she was so scratched up and bloody. I was so scared to take her to the ER because my friend got social services called on her twice but, of course, i took her in, everyone in the ER were so nice & didn't think twice about what happened. Another time when she was about 18 months old or so & she tripped over a strap on my mom's camera bag & fell right on the bed frame, it sliced her head behind her ear, once again I didn't know what the ER was gonna do but just as before, they were great! Just be honest, it happens when kids are learning to walk.
    ProudMommy51006

Answer by ProudMommy51006 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• WHAT DID U DO ?
    Anonymous

• No. My son had a bruise under his eye because he climbed the wrong thing. I didnt take him out in public because I was afraid how it looked. Before that incident if I saw a kid with bruises under his eyes I thought the worse of the parents....Now I understand.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• OMG, rude much, anon????????????

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• my son had terrible eczema and skin allergies & hives for the 1st year of his life. I got a lot of "oh dear, why don't you take him to a doctor" bullshit... so we really didn't go out much again til he we cleared up. We actually had to drive 10 hours round trip to the closest pediatric allergy specialist..... but people dont listen or understand. If you're strong.... you deal. If you're weak like me.... you simply stay home.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My son went to school with a black and blue mark under his eye when he was in the 1st grade...he was play wrestling with his dad and step brother at his dads house and my son was elbowed in the eye. Well, the school called social services about it..and I had to laugh when I got the paper in the mail because it said a week prior to that he had a dry blood ring around his nose...it was probably from him picking it! lol. Anyway...they called like morons..even AFTER asking me what happened and my son. A social worker came to my house and dismissed everything. But I have to say it was a very tramatic experience to go through...even though I didn't do anything I still had a fear that they would'nt beleive me for some reason and take my son. Any time after that if he was rough housing and got marks, I kept him home till they were gone.
    Anonymous

• i'd tell them, you should have seen him last week lmfao
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• O.M.G HIBBINGMOM DONT MAKE ANY SINCE ! THE FIRST ONE WAS NOT RUDE , IT WAS JUST A Q- ! ! CAN U READ ! ! ANY WAY DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY , U KNOW THE TRUTH DONT THIM ! !
    Anonymous

• My eldest is 8 and autistic. When he was a toddler he had bruises from head to toe because he liked (s) to climb on things and jump off. He was also very unaware of things around him. He ran into door jambs, hit his head on tables picking up toys! He finally grew out of the clumsiness, or he just lands better! Lol But it never occurred to me not to take him out, I knew how he got the bruises. When I see other children with bruises I just assume they had an accident. I don't think many people would accuse you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• haha...once my son fell off my dads porch and was pretty bruised up...we went to walmart and was coming out of the store and a car backed up really fast into our cart. My son was riding on it (the part where ya push it, he was standing in front of me), my instinct was to just push him out of the way...well he fell to the ground (he didnt get hurt) but all these people rushed over and saw his scratched and bruised face and thought that it was from the car and they were wanting to call an ambulance! I was like "no, he is fine"...they probably thought i was a really bad mother...or something for not wanting to get my child care. I had to cuss the woman out that hit my shopping cart but i was laughing on my way home wondering what those people were thinking
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2010