Is it normal to be really crampy all of a sudden at almost 36 weeks along?

It just started about 10 minutes ago, but hasn't let up like a contraction. It feels like 1 huge period cramp.

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you been moving a lot? I know if I clean a lot all the bending and moving things makes me cramp. If you haven't been doing anything I would call your on call doctor just to make sure.

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• TOTALLY normal and plan on it lasting for another 4 weeks or so. The cramping usually helps your cervix thin out and is TOTALLY normal! IMO there is absolutely NO REASON to call a doctor, its regular pregnancy stuff

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• OK, thanks for the answers girls. Ive just been sitting in the recliner. After the LONG cramp it turned into contractions, which Ive been dealing with. Probably just BH.

• Make sure you are well hydrated. Dehydration (even slight) can cause contractions.

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2010