How much extra should I pay the babysitter for cooking food for my son?

The sitter is going to cook dinner for my son this Tuesday. She charges $10 an hour to babysit so how much extra do I need to give her for cooking food?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I never paid more for them to cook for my children. At $10 an hour to babysit she can fix him a meal

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Nothing extra, it's part of the deal!
    Anonymous

• Nothing extra - she gets paid to take care of your child which includes cooking/serving food
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Yeah but she's using her own food at her own apartment. Next month when I move into a new place she'll cook my food which I won't give her any money but I figure since it's her own food she's using I should give her more. Yes? No?
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You could give her a "tip" like 3-5 dollars if you want but honestly I don't see it as really "necessary"... KWIM
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You could ask if she would like some money to cover the food.. Or you could take something over that she could cook for him, that way you know what he is eathing.. But really a couple dollars would cover it. I own a daycare and feed my children and the state pays me to and I get a couple dollars for each child.. But paying her $10 an hour is a lot so I really wouldn't worry about it to much.
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I agree with the PP, ask her if she wants extra but I don't think I'd give much more than a couple of bucks to cook for him.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• thanks everyone for your answers...since she's using her own food i'm thinking around $5 extra. Yes charging $10 an hour just to watch a 5 year old is pretty steep. She charged this when he was 1 year which I can understand. But if she's at my place using my food she won't get any extra. I just felt bad that she is cooking her own food she's already bought. Thanks for all your answers.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2010