My husband and I are giving serious thought into going active army. I know it's a huge decision and I believe it will be the best for my family in ultimately. I hear it's awful lonely and I guess I'm just looking for some advice on how to deal with it. I'm not someone who has done a lot of traveling and this does scare me a little.

MarshMeli79

Asked by MarshMeli79 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• You're right, it is a huge decision to make. It's a complete lifestyle change for you and your family. You will be lonely when he goes on deployment, but there are support groups and Ombudsman/ Liasons to help you through. My husband and I are both active duty Navy. I'm not too familiar with the Army, but if you have any questions/ concerns about the military in general, let me know and I will help you the best I can. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My husband is active duty Army. While it is very difficult at times with deployments, training, unaccompanied tours, etc, its also a great opportunity for you to grow as a person and a family. You learn so much about yourself during those times and really learn to appreciate the time that you do have together. The benefits are also a great perk. Its a huge change, as the PP said, but you will have help to adjust. Im also in THE BEST military wives group on CM and they have helped me through a lot of rough times. I love knowing that my husband wont be laid off, we have warm beds and a safe roof over our heads. For us it was definitely worth it but its not an easy choice to make. Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We are now just waiting to get his highschool transcripts from Scotland, which will take three darn weeks. Had he had them the recruiter said they could've started the ball rolling. I am extremely proud of him and the sacrifice he is making for our country and our family. I don't know squat about any of this and the housing stuff REALLY confuses me. Are we going to be sent to a base after his training and are we supposed to live outside the base in an apt somewhere smakc dab in a bad neighborhood? Oh and what about all these two faces mil wives I keep hearing about? I'm 30 and my hubby is 34 and I'm also worried that we're gonna be the oldest people and I will be surrounded by stuck on highschool BS girls who are 18+. Any advice on how to weed smary wives out?
    MarshMeli79

Answer by MarshMeli79 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010