Sitting up unassisted

My DD is 6 1/2 months (4 1/2 months adj age). She can sit up well in her bumbo seat and jumparoo. She can also sit up well supported on someones lap. But she is not able to sit up by herself unassisted. Should I mention this to the doctor at her appointment tomorrow or should I not worry and just wait. She can roll from back to tummy well but has difficulty rolling from tummy to back. Thanks for any advice.

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 10:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry about it. All babies develop differently. My son, he's 8 mos now, he just starting sitting unassisted. Don't worry too much!!!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My dd didn't start sitting up unassisted until her 7 month mark. As long as she's rolling over and reaching most of her milestones, I wouldn't be too worried. She'll get it within the next couple weeks or so.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My friend had a baby 2.5 months early and he was around 7.5 months actual age when he started sitting on his own. But you can bring it up to the doctor, its not going to hurt to mention it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010