Making connections

Hi. My little boy has a friend he likes at church and the mother seems nice. What is the next step in helping my son make this friendship lasting/ getting together? What if I invite the boy over and the mother is not comfortable with me driving him or something?? (my son is 5 and the other friend is 7)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just start up a conversation with her and let her know that your son would like to get together and play with hers. Ask about meeting up someplace or your house. Just be honest with her.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• just make a play date... with mom at first if you want all toghether and then go from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Invite them to your house

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Get to the know the mom and invite the family to dinner. Who knows maybe you'll make a new friend from your son's friendship.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• thanks...i talked to her a little this weekend... maybe ill get up the nerve soon : )
    Anonymous