My son does not want me to have a baby,what do???

My son is ten and he has a little sis that is 8,we have wanted another baby for about 5 years now but every time i talk about it he crys and says he want everything to stay the same and i tell him it will aways be the same.I dont understand he loves babies and he is so kind and loving .someone hele me we want another baby so bad, but i also dont want my son upset at me.will he get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He'll find a way to get over it. Kids are resiliant, but everyone accepts change differently. He may just be afraid of change. I think letting your son dictate whether or not you have a baby is setting him up to think that he's gonna always have a sayso in what you do with your life. This is a good opportunity to teach him that while you acknowledge and respect his feelings, you and your husband have decided that you want another baby. He will learn to cope with it, and may even learn to be happy about it. Let him know how big of a part he will be playing the baby's life and you'll all be okay.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• He will get over it. Maybe sit down with him and ask him why he's so upset about having another little brother or sister.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If you have another baby, it won't be the same, that's a lie. There will be three children. It will go from two older children to a screaming, demanding baby in the house. I'm not sure what to tell you but if he's crying that he doesn't want a baby in the house why do you keep pursuing it?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I totally agree with you, nicole!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Of course he will get over it once the baby is here he will be happy you shouldnt stop your self from having another child . he is a child and having more children is your choice not his. it will be easier to have another child your 2 other children are now able to do some thing's for themselves and all I know is that it will be okay I have 6sisters and 6brothers and I would know.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 10:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• A 10 year old child shouldn't be involved in the baby planning process, why are you asking him?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• He is a CHILD..he will get over it. If you allow THIS to prevent you from having another baby then I think you have more serious issues than a spoiled demanding child.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010