Still think everyone who doesn't have a job is too lazy to go to WalMart?

Sam's Club To Shed 11,000 Positions

"About 10,000 of those jobs, or about 9% of the Sam's Club work force, will come from outsourcing product demos at the company, a division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Most of those jobs are part-time, the company said Sunday."

The article also explains that those same jobs at WalMart stores were already previously outsourced to the same company. They've been letting people go too.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704375604575023332121918228.html?mod=rss_Today%27s_Most_Popular

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• I am just thankful that myself and my hubby have found jobs again. Anyone else in the same situation I wish you the best of luck. Most jobs that I have spoken with ar getting HUNDREDS of applicants for one position!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Yep..I have a friend who works for the state but also part time for Wallyworld..
    There are several Walmarts that sorround my town each about 40 miles out and lately it seems they have less employees working at one time then ever before.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You know it has to be bad when Wallyworld lays off like that! Good grief! Would this be part of a trickle-down thing.....you know, people can't shop, so the shops lay off....pretty bad when it's Wallyworld, though. Everybody shops there.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I used to work at Sam's. It SUCKED. Thank god I was finally able to quit.
    Anonymous

• Well Anon :47- it was a job, they're not always a pleasant thing- but at least you had one.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• WalMart doesn't pay enough to support a family of four, and I don't know if they even offer health insurance. If DH worked for them, we'd make just enough to lose our Medicaid, then we'd be in worse shape.

DH was out of work for three months, then found a job, then we took turns staying home with our sick child. He missed two days in his first three weeks and they fired him. I'm starting to think we're better off with him being a SAHD and us living on student loans until I graduate next year. It's bad out there.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm. I was in Walmart yesterday and they didn't have a single regular register open, just the self checkouts. I waited 30 minutes to check myslef out! I rarely go in Walmart...the whole Walmart Economics thing peeves me. My kids like their pizza though and I promised pizzas for dinner last night. Anyway, I wonder if this is going to be the norm....?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Give it time(sarcasm).  President Obama promised JOBS and to RECOVER the economy.   Ohhh right~ GM/Chrysler unions were bailed out (sales still lagging). Banks were bailed out (but not to fully help small business America)...Ohhh and yea, some 'temporary' construction jobs were stimulated (but if you aren't experienced in construction, get in the back of the line)... Apparently this type of "stimulation' is lacking in longevity to fix an economy. This is one (of many) reasons why an in experienced business man should not spend MASSIVE amounts of money to RECOVER the nation's economy.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• But at least while MOST Americans have the economy as the #1 priority in this nation~Our fearless (lol) leader has spent one year spending tax payer money on a recovery act for his liberal special interest groups and ramming a health care bill.....

Now, even Wal Mart and Sams club are cutting back expenses to maintain their profit level.  Small Business American can't get money from banks and the average Joe can't get a job at Wal Mart.  This President is sooooo OUT OF TOUCH...  So, when is his next speech planned for Caterpillar?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2010