How can I keep ten 8 year olds entertained at a birthday party?

I am planning my son's 8th birthday at our house. We are keeping it simple this year, but I want to make it fun. Does anyone have craft ideas to keep them busy? I also need games that would be good for this age. Thanks!!!

MyMommaBird

Asked by MyMommaBird at 10:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you have a Wii? -- how about a good movie?
    how about pitching 'tents' around the house for everyone to crash in?
    chia pets ?? (I love those things! If you do that I'll have to come to the party LOL)
    seeds you can plant green bean seeds -- or paint little pots in anticipation of planting soon
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Some game ideas:
    -Red light/Green light
    -Freeze Dance/Musical Chairs
    -Bozo buckets/Ring Toss
    -Bingo
    -Turn a chair around, have them kneel on it and see who can drop the most clothespins in an empty milk container
    -Telephone
    -Would you rather?

Craft Ideas:
    Let them decorate their own cookies. Sugar cookies, frosting and then give them sprinkles, M&M's, etc. to decorate with
    Clay
    Origami
    Make masks
    Make/paint t-shirts
    'build' a drawing. pin up a large sheet of paper or board. let each kid come up & draw something. it should be connected/joined to what the previous kid drew [so that you get some sort of continuing picture & not isolated images]
    buy little wooden planes from a craft center there easy to build you just stick on the wings and a base
    Make their own pizzas using pita bread

Walmart has a great craft section for kids with low priced items also like make your own
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Anon gave you some great ideas. Another idea is a pinata if you have the room to do it.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010