Car insurance(Parking Lot Accident)

My Mother is on my grandmothers insurance and recently back out and hit a man behind her on his back bumper ,she said he had a big industrial truck and the bumper was medal and left a little scratch on his vehicle,but as for my grandmothers town and country van it has a huge dent in the back bumper.My mother said the guy told her it was no big deal and not to worry,and no police or insurance were called.Now the guy is calling my grandmother asking her how she is going to pay for his bumper and said my mother lied (wich could be true) and that he has a huge dent on his bumper blah blah blah Now my mammaw thinks her insurance will cover her vehicle and his but I think even if it was in a parking lot that you have to report the accident to the police and insurance right away so they can investigate and it is not a big mess like it is now.She has Gieco and I dont know about it if any one can help thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had Geico and I accidentally backed into someone that came flying up behind me once. LOL. The cops were called, and all the guy did was tell me the other person was an idiot, and he handed me a blue piece of paper that said to get their insurance information. It also said that since no one was injured and it was private property, the cops had no part in it. Parking lots are private property (in my state at least) and the law doesn't deal with accidents in parking lots unless someone is injured. Seems to me that the other guy was a dumb@ss for not doing something right then. I'd call the insurance company and ask. They won't just pay the guy unless he has a valid claim. What proof does he have if no police were called? Just a thought...;)
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the laws where you live. Call your local police department and see what they suggest.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'd change my phone # and get rid of the creep!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010