How long did it take you to get pregnant after your first child? With not using protection but not really trying..My son is now 16 months old. my husband and I have not used protection at all sense my son was born I'm starting to find it odd that I have not gotten pregnant. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you breastfeeding?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• first child: took us six months after stopping birthcontrol. second child, took us one month.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• no I was not able to breastfeed because of blood pressure medication . But, I am no longer on the medication.
    Anonymous

• I have never takin birthcontrol either of any kind.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Took us 2 years. We werent trying at all it just happened. I would pee right after.
    Anonymous

• after my son, i was pregnant again when he was 5 months, and that was on BC. after daughter #1, i got pregnant again when she was 11 months, and was on BC again. so now that i have had 3 babies between january 2007 and november 2009, i got my tubes tied, so heres hoping!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• my son is 14mos now, but I've only been off my b/c for a few months, (since the end of october).
    we're not "trying" to get pregnant, and use the "pull and pray" method, lol.
    so far, we're good.

we're looking at TTC at the end of the year.
    Anonymous

• Took us 2.5 years. We were breastfeeding though, and got pregnant the month after weaning.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Conception only took one month after I stopped using the pill with our first child. Our 2nd child took 8 months to conceive after stopping use of Nova Ring. I wondered alot if it was because of long term use of each different kind of birth control, but gosh there's just so many factors that effect conception, I don't think it could be narrowed down to the type of birth control I got off of alone. Good luck, and keep at it! Make sure to have fun trying to conceive so it doesn't just become a chore.
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 1:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i think there is no reason to worry its all about timing, you guys just have it off is all, it will happen when the timing is right, dont stress and enjoy the extra time with your little one now, the one on one time wont happen again the same way after! Good luck and stay positinve, stress will only wear on you
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010