Anyone been on cymbalta?

is it possible to get pregnant while using it? did it make you tired?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Health

• I had to stop taking it because there is no generic out and I was taking 60mg a day. Its almost $300 a month. I havnt been on and antidepressant since. Thats been almost a year ago now. I had PPD so it really did help get me through that first year. I would recommend this medication over any other antidepressants. Ive taken plenty of them since I was 16 but that was the only one that helped. It does make you sleepy at first and kinda numb to everything thats going on but in my situation I was mean. I would get angry and lash out for stupid things. This helped calm my anger and help me realize these little things arent worth getting angry over. Hope this helped
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 8:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yes it is possible to get pregnant on cymbalta but I wouldn't recommend it. It is a class C drug, there isn't enough info out there stating the risks to the fetus. This med made me tired for about 1 month then my body adjusted to it. It made me feel so much better but when it is time to get off of it seek help it is not easy.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• yes its possible to get pregnant while taking it but I agree with the above, once your pregnant and need to stop taking it get help. It is hard especially if your taking more than 60 mg a day.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 12:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• So does this mean you took CYmbalta and eventually got off of it (why?)
    Anonymous