Cat just got spayed, won't stop meowing.

So we got our dog and cat spayed 6 days ago. They've been taking their pain meds and they have been fine, but for the last 2-3 days the cat just walks around meowing. She'll sit there and stare at us and meow. She follows the dog around everywhere(they love each other, they're buddies) and meows. She follows us around and meows. She's never done this before and it's getting a bit annoying! Why is she doing this? We think sometimes she's doing it b/c she's hurting and wants her meds, but she does it even a while after she's had her meds. Well she usually sleeps and chills for a few hours after she takes her meds, but after that, she's back to meowing. She's definatly sweeter and friendlier after her spaying, but the meowing..... LoL. I can't take it!

Rachell9503

Asked by Rachell9503 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pets

• shes just uncomfortable just hold and love on your kitty she will quit my kitty did the same thing.
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Okay, I was hoping that was all it was. We figured maybe she just feels different inside and is a bit sore and was hoping that is all that was causing the extra meowing!!! Glad to hear she'll stop! Thanks for replying! :-)
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• She's mad at the world and voicing her displeasure. Just make sure her incision is ok and leave her alone. And sleep with one eye open lol....she needs payback!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• your welcome and i know shes driving you nuts but it will stop.........eventually!!lol jk
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• She's saying Oweee mama~! I hurts...make it beeeettter~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would say she needs some loving!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I am a vet Tech. She is wanting attention. Its like when your not feeling well and you want to be comforted. Same situation. Just make sure she is eating and drinking. Resting and getting her pain meds on time.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!!! I do think she stops for a bit when she gets her meds (which wow she really loves her medicine, haha) and then some loving after that. She just was doing so well the first 2-3 days that it threw me off she suddenly got all talkative, haha. She just got all following me around meowing and I realized it was past time for her meds, so I gave them to her and held her for a few(til the kids demanded me attention more) and now she's off somewhere quiet. Hopefully she'll go and sleep for a bit til it kicks in all the way and she can feel better.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010