what do contractions feel like?

i know what bh feel like [tightening in my stomach] they are really uncomfortable and have been getting them for weeks. but they arent painful. lately my lower back/ butt have been hurting alot and theres pressure there. so today when i got my bh they were painful, im not sure if its because all the lower back pain ive been having. what did contractions feel like to you? where was the pain at?

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they started in my back and then i started getting cramps..like menstrual type cramps
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• they just kept getting more painful through the night
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• when they first started, they felt like waves of period cramps. Over the course of an hour or two they got a lot more painful.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• does what i said sound like contractions? last night i couldnt sleep because i had really bad cramps, and a sharp shooting pain in the middle of my belly, but to the left. i was in so much pain, just waiting for the pain to get worse, but it just stayed the same. are all of these pains normal??
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• sounds like contractions.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• times them and call your doctor for advice.
    alejandra559

• I had the same thing happening today, the low back pain, feeling like period was coming, tightening of the abdomen, plus these horrible shooting pains in my cervix. I was starting to worry that labor was starting (I'm 35 weeks) but it stopped after about 2 hours. Now I just have the low back ache? Weird or not? I don't know!! I'm glad you posted this though!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• you will know if they are contractions. i wondered the same thing. and then i got them. and oh wow. painfulll
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, contractions feel like presure towards your cervic, (aka:period cramps) but my stomach didn't tighten during real contractions just straight pain/presure towards my cervic, I actually was induced n I felt the contractions n at first they were bearable then as they got closer together it got a little painful so I got my epideral but I actually should have waited for it because by the time it was time to push I felt everything but my right leg, for me it wasn't as painful as some say giving birth is but it hurt....if u get what I'm saying LoL hope that helps, I would say no they probley aren't real contractions yet, also I was dilated to 7 cm n never felt bh or real contracting.
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 12:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2010