What do you think is a good breast pump for the price?

I am pregnant with baby #2. I breastfed my daughter. But only for 4 months. I feel that if the pump I had worked better I would have done it longer. The pump I had leaked and didn't always work right. So this time I want to breastfeed longer, But plan on pumping daily. So I just need some input on what pump you thought worked the best. How long did it take you to pump both breasts? I want an electric one with 2 pumps. Where did you get it from? Thanks in advance for your advice :)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, none sold at the store worked for me. I first rented one through kaiser, then WIC. Their machines have more suction.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I rented a electric two pump medela breast pump from the pharmacy. I forget how much it cost though. I bought a little hand held pump but it didn't work to well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If you want an electric double pump, the best for the price is probably the ameda purely yours.

That said... do you need to pump daily for some reason? Going back to work---school? Because if not, pumping in place of feeding that often can sabotage your supply.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If you plan on staying home with baby with minimal separation, no pump or a simple manual pump like Avent Isis.

If you plan on some occasional separations, a manual like Avent Isis or Medela Harmony is fine.

If you plan on daily separations, it is better to choose a high power pump like Medela Pump In Style or an Ameda.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 12:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• for me, i never found an electric that got the right rhythm of felt nice. the medela harmony has been my favorite so far, it's a manual but it has worked the best out of any i've tried.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Medela mini electric - $125 and totally worth it. it had battery, plug in or manual.

medela is a fantastic brand - and most of the attachments and extras are really easy to find.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I rented a hospital grade pump from a local organization that promotes breastfeeding. I had a handheld with my 1st 3 kids and it took me forever to pump enough for a bottle! With the one I rented after my 4th it was fairly easy and I could get enough for a 4 oz bottle in one pumping - made me a lot more mobile as a nursing mom.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010