is labor getting close?

im 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant. i am 1 cm dilated. ive been having alot of braxton hicks the past 2 weeks.i get them every day, and they are usually between 5 and 10 mins apart for hours. they are irregualr. i started loosing my plug about 2 weeks ago also. yesterday i started getting these really sharp pains in my upper abdomen on the left side. and last night i had really bad cramps, along with the sharp pain in the same spot on my left side. my lower back/tailbone area has been hurting alot, i have alot of pressure there and in my butt. when i woke up today my back and side felt really sore. and all day today my lower back/butt has been killing me and every time i have a bh contraction its soo much worse. please help!! is labor close? or am i going to be going threw this for a few more weeks?

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hate to say but yes u probley will go through it for more weeks to come I was 34wks when I lost my plug, n thought o yay my baby will b here soon but boy was I dead wrong! LoL! What it is, is your body getting ready but not ur baby isn't quite ready. I was dilated 4cm @ 38wks but didn't have my baby for 2 and a half weeks after that & it was only because I was induced. So ya I would say ur body is just getting ready. & contraction feel like real bad period cramps just to give u some ideas.
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 12:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• every body is different so it's hard to tell. for me, i was at 4 cm for 5 weeks.and i didn't have braxton hicks at all. when you're in labor you'll know. contractions for me were like really really really bad period cramps. i'd say your body is just getting ready. the average gestational period for a caucasian woman with their first baby is 41 weeks 1 day, so don't be surprised if you are uncomfortable for awhile. it will all be worth it when you meet your sweet little baby.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sorry but if I had to guess, I would say that those are not symptoms that say that labor is right around the corner:( To me they could be just crappy 3rd trimester symptoms. But then again, I went into labor one afternoon and had felt fine that morning so it can happen at any time
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2010