..I think it was the cat.

My house is usually pretty clean..but I have one big problem ! I have cat and 1 dog ( yorkie) ... The dog for the most part is housebroken, sometimes if he isnt let out in time, he goes in the house...but my (male) cat... has pooped in one of the bedrooms ...we cleaned it up...and then I shampooed all of the carpets ( with a carpet cleaner/steamer) .. it has always taken care of the dog smells..put now it has seemed to take that cat smell everywhere... It didnt get the smell out at all ( I used the name-brand carpet cleaner I always used) ..and now the whole house smells very badly ! I used carpet deoderizer ( regular and one for pet smells) ...nothing.... I cannot stand that smell anymore..it literally burns my nose hairs lol... any ideas ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• have u tried the febreeze pet odors spray? that stuff is really strong and works great for me
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Look at Sams there is a per odor spray there that works pretty well. You will have to do it several times though. I moved in a house and cleaned, and recleaned for a couple of months. I got all the smells, but in just one spot. I only smell it now when it rains. So I plug in one of those air freshners at that spot.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• carpet powder...my dog had cancer and she got to the point that it kept coming back in different areas and wow...she just peed and it was mass quantities...we bought industrial strength cleaner after we had her put down.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had the smell of cat spray ( when male cats are in their prime they mark their territory and is almost impossible to get out). The only thing that had ever worked for me was using a mix of all purpose bleach and dawn to shampoo first to rid the spraying, then after it dried I used the powder and let it set in for 5 minutes, vacuum it up and no more troubles. Also, once that marking is gone, they (cats) will be less prone to mark again.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2010