so who here has been approved for a home loan lately and your credit is not bad not so great either, my bills are paid but there is still some old bad credit from like 3to 7yrs old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• You are going to need at least a 680 at my bank to get any kind of home loan to avoid paying high interest you would need to take out an FHA with that score. Over 720 you will get a good rate and not have to take out and FHA loan.

You should pay off all your debt then save so you have 20 percent to put down. Might take you a few years but worth it. We saved so we had 40 percent down. Took out a 15 year mortgage but since we are paying biweekly will have the house paid off sooner. We worked to restore our credit and have savings so we got a good rate and a good loan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• When i wanted a house they told me the avg from the 3 main credit places must be 625 or above. I dont know what your score is but you might want to research NACA.com....a friend of my moms closed on his house through them last year and swears by this program!!! Im going to a meeting in March..it sounds very legit! Good luck

Pull your credit and get all the old stuff off of there...Fix your report as much as you can!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010