what do u do to show u appreciate you man?

he says i dont and i do and he just didnt realize what i did to show i appreciate his hard work! he knows now i do but i want to do more to show i appreciate him. what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• DESERT! all i have to do is bake a chocolate cake or make a banana pudding and mine is alllll smiles!!! especially if i let him eat it all to himself
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• fix his dinner plate and have it ready for him when he wakes up instead of him having to fix it himself (he sleeps during the day)
    fix one of his favorite meals
    dessert works too :D mine likes peanut butter cookies
    and it always helps to throw in a random "thanks sweetie" even if he's just been sitting on his butt for an hour
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• the post should say how does your man show he appreciate you! i do everything make his plate of food , raise our kids, wash his dirty clothes, clean house. now i think he should show how he appreciate me
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with showing appreciation for your man. She didn't say he didn't appreciate her. I say thank you when he does things. Sometimes simply acknowleging when he does something does the trick. The kitchen looks great, thank you for dinner, thank you for putting the kids to bed I'm so tired, you look nice today, I'm so glad I have you to help me with the ______.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Honestly I am supportive that is how i show it. I give him hugs for no reason other than that i love him and appreciate him. My DH would never expect me to be a maid to him by attending to his every need like making a dinner plate. Sorry That's just me, I grew up watching a family friend wait hand and foot on her husband and he never seemed to appreciate it he expected it and I remember hearing my mom and many others talk about how awful it was that she did so much and he treated her so badly. I always thought to my self "I will never be like her" and I am not, I do take care of my DH but he knows where the plates are lol, I have made his plate for him at times but I do it because I want to, not to show appreciation. I tell him how much i appreciate what he does for us and in turn i hear daily how much he appreciates what i do for him.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'm still here aren't I? That is what he says to me when I say, can you show me you love me? He doesn't think it is funny when I say it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I tell my hubby on a regular basis that I appreciate him and what all he does for our family. I used to write him notes that would just say "I love you, thank you for doing all you do to make our lives better, I hope you have a great day, I'll be waiting for you to get back home to us, be safe" etc..
    In the morning he usually fixes me a cup of coffee, but if I'm up before him I put it on, and if I see it's ready before he does, I get him a cup, sometimes I fix his plate, sometimes he fixes mine... it's give and take on our ends on things like that. Of course I'm responsible for laundry and any cleaning that gets done. But I tell him I appreciate the things he does that he doesn't have to... like take his clothes to the laundry room, puts his plate in the sink, when he takes out the trash....
    Thank You goes a long long way.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I always would give my husband (boyfriend at the time) back rubs after a long day of work. I'm a real hands on touchy feely person and I would always show my appreciation with affection. But that stopped a long time ago....
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sometimes when my dh has been working alot of overtime, I'll put a little note or card in his lunch, sometimes just a post-it saying I appreciate how hard you work for us and I love you....
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I often tell him how much I appreciate the things he does. I hold his hand, hug him and laugh at him when he is funny.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010