Is it normal to have 3 to 4 bloody noses/day during pregnancy?

Every time I blow my nose now, it bleeds......is there anything I can do to prevent it? Or is this even normal during pregnancy?

TLALONDE16

Asked by TLALONDE16 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i don't think that's normal. tell your doctor. i'm not sure if that's a sign of anemia or some other bleeding disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Happened to me between 19-23 weeks.. had several heavy nosebleeds.. my OB said that your blood volume is up, and your vessels are pretty much under alot of pressure.. and if you live in a dry climate, its bound to happen.. nothin wrong with it.. he said to try and use a humidifier, but other than that just gotta deal. :) hope it stops!
    SammiStar

Answer by SammiStar at 2:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It's normal. It's due to increased blood flow. I get that all the time when I'm pregnant. You'll be fine. It'll stop after you have your baby.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had horrible nose bleeds during both of my pregnancies. I ran a cool mist humidifier at night and they mostly stopped.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It is not neccessarily normal, but it is a side-effect to pregnancy in some women. That many times seems a little excessive, so I would definitely bring it up with your OB at your next appointment, but unless you are dripping blood everyday I would not be entirely too concerned. However, if you ARE dripping blood & not just seeing some on your tissue when you blow your nose, I would suggest a trip to urgent care to make sure you are not anemic from the blood loss & that you don't have a damaged septum.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had this happen when I was pregnant and to help it, I'd sleep with a humidifier in the room.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010