Makeup/skin help

This may be a stupid question, but Im not a make-up wearer so help me out please! When putting on liquid foundation does that go on before everything else? That's how I usually do it and when I do my face always kinda looks grainy?? like there is bumps or dust on my face. Do I have to exfoliate first? What is the best exfoliater for sensitive skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, it should go on first but it should be light enough that you don't notice it and can't see it. It needs to be blended well and be the right type for your skin tone. I myself (because I can't afford to buy $50 foundation) use Cover Girl and it's very natural looking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• for sensitive skin make a paste out of baking soda and water use that as a scrub, this does well for all types of skin love it. I also use aveeno baby cream on my face after I wash it everytime... my foundation goes on smoother.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Are you sure you need liquid foundation? What's your skin type? Normal skin needs liquid, combo skin needs a creme foundation, and oily skin needs a powder foundation. And mizsaxton has a great point. You need to use a facial moisturizer after you wash your face and a few minutes before applying your foundation. This is NOT a stupid question. I sell cosmetics and this is important information! Women ask me these kinds of questions all the time! I'm always glad to help!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I am a skincare consultant. I encourage good skincare before foundation. Use skincare & foundation for your skin type and use all product from the same line. Mixing products won't give you the results you want. Very good question.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010