I'm alone all day tomorrow, and I don't have to work. What are some ideas for a relaxing, child free day off?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would read a book, take a hot bath, order in some food you normally dont' get to eats stuff like that
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• hmm eating food without my kids begging off me, sounds enticing...lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• doesn't though, what I would give to have a day alone I would order some Indian food read a book, have some junk food that we can't keep in the house stuff that I never get to do.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Orrrr you could go shopping for yourself. No kids whining because they wanna do something else or have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes for a diaper or potty trip. If you don't like the idea of shopping for yourself, then what about decorating your home? Just spend a couple minutes in a room and really think about it, then run off and get a few things. That is something I have definitely been wanting to do, but 4 kiddos makes that impossible.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If you are in Chicago, go to a museum. Many have free days during the week.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Enjoy enjoy it goes by so fast.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 6:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Lucky! If I had a day like that, I'd sleep in late, wake up have a nice hard workout, then take a nice long shower, eat lunch, then go back to bed for a nice long nap. Then maybe in the afternoon go shopping. Enjoy your day!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I like ABPeterson's plan!! But I'd probably throw in the previous idea of some take out and a book too :)

Well enjoy it either way! And just know that all of us hate you in a totally jealous wish we could be you because you're so lucky kind of way... :P
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• OMG ... I'd catch up on some sleep, take a long bath, and probably order in some food and drink some wine.l
    Peps75

Answer by Peps75 at 7:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sleep or clean something you normally wouldn't be able to clean with kids there. I find going through all the clothes in the house and getting rid of things that dont fit and stuff thats not being used, drop it off at the local thrift store. PUt some music on, turn it up and go to town! LOL or SLEEP.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2010