Military wives can you help with my question? (moving)

Hi everyone,

My husband will be getting stationed back to the east coast around May. We have a child in 1st grade. My question is will he be excused from school since we are moving? Do I have to rush back to get him back? It's 3,000 miles away and we are driving. They won't try to make him stay back or anything for missing like a week of school or a little more will they? He's doing well in school and I've been making sure he hasn't missed many school this year so far he missed about 2 due to because he had a fever. I'm just so stressed out I don't want him to fall behind and all that. Thank guys in advance. Or any tips you can give me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a teacher and taught on and AFB so no he won't have to go to school when you get there, just ask the current school to give you final grades and assessment for 1st grade because of the move, they will do that and you will be just fine.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If he's on track, he should be ok to start the new year with other kids his age. He'll probably just have to test in.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think he will be just fine. I would talk to the school now and let them know what is going on. That way if they have some project or something due around that time he can turn it in early.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't be too worried over a week of school. Usually during those last days are filled with other activities other than studies.  Talk to his teacher and principal.  Check out when school ends and what is usually done the last week. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2010