If I seal homemade buffalo chicken dip in mason jars, will it go bad befor it gets to my hubby in Afghanistan?

I have heard of cake-in-a-jar so I want to try dip-in-a-jar. Its his fave dip and I wanted to know if you thought it would spoil before getting there, even though its sealed in the mason jars. It has chicken, blue cheese dressing, cream cheese, mozzerella cheese, and buffalo sauce in it. Thanks in Advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Save it for his welcome home party, because yes, it will probably rot before he gets it and it's never a good idea to mail glass over there anyway. When we were sending packages to our guys in my ex's unit, glass was one of the things that we were told not to mail.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I really don't think it would last, but I am not a canning expert, you can look into canning websites to be sure
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Oh ick it'll rot if it doesn't explode first from no pressurization on the plane....unless you're trying to kill the poor guy, don't bother!

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010